Friday, April 1, 2022

SAGA: Frankish warriors with bow

Some Frankish warriors with bow ready for a SAGA battle.

Miniatures are a mix of Artizan and Gripping Beast with added strings for the bows, where this was possible.



Deutsche Version:

Fränkische Krieger mit Bögen für SAGA, bereits den Gegner mit Pfeilen zu spicken.

Figuren sind ein Mix aus Artizan und Gripping Beast, da wo es möglich war, habe ich Bogensehnen zugefügt.









Friday, March 25, 2022

Thursday, February 3, 2022

CoC/BA: Tank Light Vickers Mk VIb, 6th Australian Division Cavalry Regiment, Troop Command

Back to painting vehicles.
My Commonwealth forces for Operation Exporter are still growing. Newest addition is a Tank Light Vickers Mk VIb belonging to the Australian 6th Division Cavalry Regiment.

Model is again a 1/48 from 1st Corps with added stowage and self made tarp, an antenna with pennant and so on. This will be the command vehicle of the planed troop, i.e. will have to do 2 more Vickers.

1st time I tried to paint the caunter scheme and I have chosen the color variants that correspond to the current state of research, so no blue hue.

If this is the correct interpretation? Who knows, but I´m pretty happy with the result.











Deutsche Version
Zurück zu den Fahrzeugen.
Neuerwerb meiner Australier für das 6th Australian Division  Cavalry Regiment - ein Tank Light Vickers Mk VIb.

Modell ist von 1st Corps aus der 1/48 Reihe, dass ich wie üblich mit allerlei Gepäck, selbstgemachter Plane, Antenne mit Wimpel etc. aufgemotzt habe.
Die wird der Command Tank des geplanten Troops, es fehlen also noch 2 weitere.

Gleichzeitig war dies das erste Mal, dass ich mich am Caunter Scheme versucht habe; ich habe mich für die aktuelle Variante der Forschung entschieden, was die Farbwahl angeht, also kein Blau verwendet.

Ob diese Interpretation die korrekte ist? Wer kann das sagen, ich bin jedenfalls sehr zufrieden mit dem Ergebnis.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Terrain: The next palm trees ready for the table, smaller versions.

 Next batch of palm trees ready, this time the smaller versions of my date palms representing still growing trees, or simply to be used for 15mm games.

Once again used the cheap plastic palms and again made the same steps to switch them into useful terrain for our settings covering the middle east.







Total overview of all my completed palm trees / Gesamtübersicht aller fertiggestellten Palmen:



**Deutsche Version**

Der nächste Schwung Palmen ist fertig geworden - dieses Mal die kleineren Versionen die entweder noch junge Pflanzen darstellen, oder sich schlicht und ergreifend perfekt für 15mm-Spiele eignen.

Ausgangspunkt waren wieder die günstigen China-Palmen, die ich komplett überarbeitet und von Grund auf neu bemalt habe.



Saturday, January 22, 2022

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Terrain: Palm Trees to represent Date palms for a plantation

Time to do more terrain - as every wargamer knows, one can never have enough terrain :-D

This time palm trees to represent date palms for a plantation, mostly intended for settings in the Middle East, i.e. Operation Exporter.


I used some cheap plastic palms, cut off the coconuts, primed all parts black, followed by zenithal white highlights.

After all was dryed, I airbrushed trunks and leaves using different inks, gradually lighten the colour especially for the leaves. 

Finally drybrushed all the parts before I glued them together.


Last step was my usual basing method adding some modified plastic plants that I painted in the above described way too.







Deutsche Version 

Zeit für weiteres Gelände - denn schließlich weiß ja jeder Wargamer, daß man nie genug Gelände in seinem Fundus haben kann :-D

In diesem Falle Dattelpalmen, für eine entsprechende Plantage und hauptsächlich für mein vevorzugtes Setting in der Levante gedacht, also Operation Exporter.


Ausgangspunkt waren günstige Kunststoff-Palmen, bei denen ich die Andeutungen der Kokosnüsse entfernt habe und dann alle Einzelteile erst Schwarz grundiert und dann mit Weiß Zenithal-Highlights aufgebracht habe.


Stämme und Palmblätter habe ich dann mit Inks lackiert und dann vor allem bei den Blättern immer hellere Farbstufen verwendet.

Zum Abschluß wurde alles noch per Drybrush akzentuiert.


Die Bases habe ich mit meiner üblichen Methode behandelt und teilweise mit ein paar weiteren Plastikpflanzen dekoriert, die ebenfalls farblich komplett überarbeitet worden sind.

Thursday, January 13, 2022