Friday, September 25, 2026

TaToCon 2026: Short Visit, Great Atmosphere, and a Game of Port Royal

Last Saturday, it was time for TaToCon XIII again at the "Roll-the-Dice" club in Puchheim (near Munich). Due to a shortage of time, I could only attend as a short-time visitor this year rather than running a demo table myself.

Even though I only had about three hours to spare, I managed to catch up with a few folks, chat with old acquaintances, and squeeze in a game of Port Royal—having secured a spot in advance since the game has been on my wishlist (and to-do list) for quite a while now.

As always, there were plenty of gorgeous tables to check out, interesting rule sets being showcased, and a wonderfully relaxed, friendly atmosphere. It’s a convention that is genuinely well worth a visit.


Enclosed are a few impressions of the tables and systems on display:











Our game of "Port Royal" hosted by Marc aka Lord_Rorken:





Battle of Trebia using "Epic Hail Caesar" rules that Max had to try out:







Conclusion:
It was a blast, and hopefully next year I'll have more time to chat and play!

0 comments:

Post a Comment