Thursday, September 5, 2024

Terrain: In vino veritas - flexible vineyards built

One type of terrain that I really wanted to build were vineyards, because they are so typical of the Mediterranean region and can be used in France, Italy, Sicily as well as the Levant.

However, I didn't want a stationary terrain piece where they were built into a hill, but rather built in such a way that they could be flexibly adapted to the terrain.

Some of my attempts to tackle the subject have failed, but now I have found a workable way - even if I will do things differently again for the next vineyards.
‘Learning by doing’ is my motto, especially when it comes to terrain building 😎


And here are the completed first 3 pieces of vineyards:











Size comparison - works for both 15mm and 28mm





3 comments:

  1. Another great idea. How about a tutorial?
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neil :-)

      Not at the moment, the method is still far too complicated and I already have some ideas to simplify the method and improve the result.

      Delete